Since I began this project I've been painting the entire force pretty much all in one batch. My goal was to get the army to a point that I could play it and not be embarrassed by not having paint or a half painted force. For the most part, I think I completed that goal. I played a 2000 pt game this past weekend (more on that later).
This is one of my favorite miniatures. I have it forever and just never got around to painting. I even pulled it apart stripped the primer off and did a better job of getting rid of mold lines, then re-posed / re-glued the dude. I ran into a small problem though. The model has such an extreme lean, all the weight was on the left ankle and it cracked. I filled in with epoxy and use the staff to help brace the model to the base. Hopefully this will hold in without further cracking.